We are committed to the provision of innovative, student-centred and high-quality education, which is based on the best available evidence in current medical pedagogy. We are also committed to systematically fostering original research in the basic, clinical and behavioural sciences and, to serving and improving the health of the population.
We aim to produce competent graduates, committed to life-long learning, who can pursue further training in their field of choice and will be competent and successful practitioners, teachers, administrators and researchers. Our School’s graduates make patient care their highest priority. They also contribute to the community regionally and globally, through leadership positions in the healthcare sector.
Our Core Values
- Student-centred education – We strive to maintain a supportive learning environment that promotes and encourages student interaction and feedback. The student-centred curriculum allows for the early development of clinical skills and reasoning, and promotes collaborative learning, critical thinking and reflection, skills that are essential for a career in medicine.
- Excellence in teaching and research – We deliver teaching and conduct research of the highest quality and we equip students with the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed in their chosen medical career path. This is achieved by means of the most up-to-date and quality assured curricula and assessments, which are implemented in a multicultural and supportive learning environment.
- Professionalism – We adhere to the highest professional standards and we expect our students to demonstrate professionalism, during their studies and beyond.
- Social Responsibility – We regularly and actively contribute to society through outreach events, and other initiatives, with the support of our faculty, staff and students.
- Equality and Diversity – We are committed to the promotion of equality and respect, and embrace the individual, social and cultural diversity of the student community.
- International Partnerships – We maintain successful partnerships with leading institutions, which enables the sharing of knowledge and expertise in medical education and research, while providing our students with opportunities to gain international clinical experience.
Contributions to the Mission of the School
We are committed to regularly reviewing our mission and values to ensure that they reflect the Medical School we want to be.
We also welcome feedback on our work from all of our stakeholders. This includes contributions to our mission statement from staff, students and external stakeholders, such as statutory and regulatory bodies, clinicians, patients and others. If you have any constructive comments relating to the development of our mission, please do not hesitate to contact: [email protected].