Medical School at a Glance
Over the past two decades, the University of Nicosia has led the development of life and health sciences programmes in Cyprus. The University of Nicosia started the first medical programme in Cyprus in 2011 by offering the St George’s, University of London Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) graduate-entry programme.
Our Medical School, the largest in the country offers two medical programmes and four postgraduate degrees:
• St George’s, University of London Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS),a 4-year graduate-entry British medical degree quality assured by the UK General Medical Council and awarded by St George’s, University of London
• Doctor of Medicine (MD), a 6-year undergraduate-entry degree
• Master of Public Health (MPH), a fully online degree for working professionals and new graduates
• Master in Family Medicine (MSc FM), a degree for practicing doctors delivered entirely online
• Master of Science in Health Services Administration (MHSA), a fully online degree for working professionals and new graduates
• Doctorate in Medical Sciences (PhD), for research in all disciplines or specialties of Medicine
More than 740 students from 58 countries around the world are enrolled in our Medical School, coming from as far away as the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
In addition to our achievements in medical education and research, you also benefit from world-class faculty members, experienced and supportive staff, international partnerships, and state-of-the-art facilities and learning resources. The student-centred curriculum allows for the early development of clinical skills and reasoning, and promotes collaborative learning, critical thinking and reflection, skills that are essential for your future career in medicine.
Our graduates are practising as doctors across the world, including the USA, Canada, UK, other EU countries, Israel and Lebanon.
University of Nicosia
The University of Nicosia is the largest university in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 11,000 students from over 70 countries coming together in an innovative and transformative learning space. Located in Nicosia, the country’s capital, and with a presence in 18 other cities worldwide, we are driven by our pursuit of excellence in teaching and learning, innovation, research, technology, and a continually evolving academic environment. We empower our students and instil in them the confidence to make an impact in the world.
The University of Nicosia is ranked among the top 100 universities in the region by QS Stars University Ratings, having placed number 91 in the Emerging Europe and Central Asia (EECA) Region. Moreover, it is the first European university to be awarded a QS 5-Star rating for Online / Distance Learning and is the 13th university in the world to receive such a distinction. In addition, the University of Nicosia received the highest distinction of 5-Stars in Teaching, Facilities, Inclusiveness, Social Responsibility and Internationalisation.
Many of our degree programmes and departments were the first of their kind in Cyprus. Over time, several programmes such as Medicine, International Relations, Accounting, Law, and Architecture, have developed into some of the most well-regarded in Cyprus and in the region. Today, new programmes focus on cutting-edge research, making us global leaders in certain fields, such as our very successful initiative in Digital Currency/ Blockchain Technology.