Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Microbiology / Infectious Diseases
The Department of Basic and Clinical Sciences of the University of Nicosia Medical School is one of the two departments of the University of Nicosia Medical School. Currently it delivers two undergraduate medical programmes, namely the 6-year MD programme and the St George’s, University of London MBBS4 programme, as well as the PhD in Medical Sciences programme. The department is active in research.
Due to the continuous expansion of the work of the department in the areas of education, research and clinical service provision, we are currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic faculty member committed to student-centred learning and high-quality research, with relevant academic qualifications in the fields of Microbiology / Infectious Diseases. Interested candidates can apply for the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor.
- Either Medical Degree and PhD or MD by Research, or PhD
- Specialty in Microbiology
- Teaching Experience
- Research Experience and Publication Record relevant to rank
- Experience in Clinical Microbiology
- Teach and assess in the area of Microbiology in department programmes
- Perform research and publish in the areas of interest
- Perform administrative duties
- Contribute to the Community outreach activities of the School
Applications should include:
- A Cover letter stating the Faculty position for which the candidate is applying
- A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a full list of publications
- A one-page research statement describing previous and current research as well as future plans
- A one-page description of teaching experience
- Two references
The ideal candidate should be eligible to work in the European Union/ European Economic Area.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your application to [email protected]
The vacancy will remain open until is filled.
Please indicate that you are applying for the post Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Microbiology / Infectious Diseases with reference number F21MICID01 in the subject line of your email.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.